We are seeking a highly skilled senior accountant to join our award-winning accountancy practice in a client facing role. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting principles, financial analysis and regulatory compliance, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They will be responsible for managing client relationships, providing financial guidance, alongside the preparation of accounts, CT600, personal tax returns for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
You’ll have direct management of a portfolio of clients which will involve regular meetings, liaising with other departments on client matters, contact with HMRC and other professional firms, dealing with client queries and ad hoc work such as forecasting, management accounts and budgeting.
Working towards targets on a monthly basis and ensuring systems and processes are followed.
The salary bracket for this role is £35,000-£45,000 DOE.
The benefits of working with us
Here at Nordens we pride ourselves on being a diverse and progressive organisation who are always striving to grow and improve. We respect and admire our team and are forever looking for new ways to enhance the team bonding experience which makes up the foundation of who and what we are.
When you join our close-knit and family orientated team, we put a great deal of emphasis on personal development and training, providing you with the skill set and education to enable you to progress up the company ladder.
We also have a heavy focus on staff mental wellbeing and do all we can to make sure you’re in a good head space, and if needed are always free to talk to about your troubles, concerns, or issues. This also relates to our generous flexibility in the workplace, working around your personal needs to accommodate your lifestyle and responsibilities.
By joining Nordens, you’re joining a family and one that will take care of you whilst allowing you to strive and learn in order to take you to the next level in your burgeoning career.
Why Choose Nordens? We’re not just an accountancy firm; we’re a family. Our DNA is woven with inclusivity, support, and innovation. We believe in empowering every member to achieve their personal and professional aspirations.
Our Culture Pillars:
- A positive, solution-focused environment.
- Personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity at all levels.
- Every role adds value, shaping our firm’s performance.
- A balanced work environment: relaxed yet professional, creative yet urgent.
- Commitment to personal growth and development.
- Respectful communication and problem-solving.
- Upholding our values and performance standards.
Your Growth Journey with Nordens:
- Growth and Development: Embrace personal accountability and benefit from our award-winning training and continuous learning opportunities.
- Collaborative Culture: Thrive in an inclusive culture that values diverse perspectives and teamwork.
- Studying: Benefit from our study support programme, course fee coverage, and paid study leave.
- Career Progression: Aim high with our bespoke development and coaching program. Many of our directors began as juniors!
Your Well-being Matters:
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy true flexibility with our hybrid working policy and core working hours.
- Your Health: From additional holiday entitlements, “me days”, and private medical healthcare, to enhanced maternity benefits, we’ve got you covered.
- Your Voice: We value your feedback and encourage open communication through various platforms.
- Respect: A diverse and inclusive environment where everyone is respected and valued.
- Sustainability: Join our journey towards carbon neutrality with eco-friendly initiatives and benefits.
At Nordens, your success is our triumph. We’re committed to providing an environment where you can flourish, make an impact, and be a part of something bigger. Ready to embark on a fulfilling career journey? Join us!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Dealing with client queries
- Dealing with HMRC and other professional firms
- Provide forecasts, references, management accounts and budgeting where applicable
- Preparing, review and submit all Company Accounts and Personal Tax Returns
- Explaining services to new and existing clients. i.e. Nordens Advisory, Cloud, Audit, Tax, including providing training on software if necessary
- Being the primary point of contact for a portfolio of clients to build and maintain strong relationships
- Helping systemise client’s business functions and remove inefficiencies
- Managing and training junior team members
- Finding new ways to improve and ensure our internal culture and standards are regularly promoting our brand values across the team and the business
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation
- Promoting Nordens company vision
- Accountable for delivering high quality, accurate work and that risk management requirements are complied with
- Proactively seeking client referrals and understanding all Nordens service offerings
- Reporting directly to department heads.
Skills & Qualifications
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Relevant accounting experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities to priorities tasks and meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team
- High ethical standards and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Solid understanding of the client’s business to enable you to suggest improvements to their business and operations